Spade says New Show won't do Trump Bashing

By HonkpilledMaster following x   2019 Jun 14, 7:09pm 246 views   5 comments   watch   nsfw   quote     share

SNL alum David Spade insists he WON'T make Donald Trump jokes on his new comedy show like his late night rivals - even if it means losing viewers - because the president is 'an easy target'

Comedian David Spade says he won't make Donald Trump jokes on his new show Lights Out with David Spade, which premieres July 29
He tells DailyMailTV Trump gags are 'an easier target' and says he knows ratings may suffer because of it
The 54-year-old is adamant that viewers will be served laughter and skits, rather than examine the 'shock value' of the political landscape
The SNL alum says he will leave the Trump jokes to his former show and late night rivals Stephen Colbert, Jimmy Fallon and Jimmy Kimmel

1   Ceffer   ignore (1)   2019 Jun 14, 7:44pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Golleee, a chicken escaped from the Globalist Media Coop? Can't see that having a happy ending.
2   Tenpoundbass   ignore (15)   2019 Jun 15, 8:37am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

That's called taking an underhanded pop shot at Trump at Trump's expense. He lost me as an audience member altogether.

Not that I watch TV anyway for this very reason.
3   WookieMan   ignore (3)   2019 Jun 15, 9:06am   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Tenpoundbass says

Not that I watch TV anyway for this very reason.

I actually don't take it that way. Spade's comedy has alway been muh, not bad but not great. This was an underhanded shot at the other hosts that have their entire monologue bashing Trump. Kimmel especially is a hypocritical piece of human trash. Man show anyone? Now he's this softy fuck, crying and EVERY nights monologue is entirely dedicated to Trump.

Can't stand Colbert and his bit. It ran its course when he was with John Stewart. Fact he got a prime late night show is an utter fucking joke.

Overall Fallon is kind of a clown and does hit Trump every monologue, so that's annoying. I did catch a recent one though where he gave Biden a good dose of shit. Haven't seen that from the other hosts.

I'd actually watch Spade ONLY because he's not going to talk about Trump. These hosts (and their writers) can ACTUALLY TRY to be funny at some point. Comedy has gone to shit the last 4-5 years unfortunately. Not sure it can bounce back either with PC.
4   mell   ignore (2)   2019 Jun 15, 9:19am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

WookieMan says

Stewart is the only one with talent and he used to be against the establishments and neocons way back then, then he sold out and joined the never-trump globohomo leftoid screechers. Ah well, haven't watched TV in ages, so whatever. Colbert has zero talent.
5   WookieMan   ignore (3)   2019 Jun 15, 9:35am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

mell says
Stewart is the only one with talent

I don't totally disagree as you elaborate on his change of tune as times changed. He seems like a smart guy and I have laughed at his stuff, but I'm just not a fan for some reason and it actually doesn't have to do with the politics and bashing Trump. It's like the Step Brothers movie with Will Ferrel and Rob (whatever his name is). I just want to punch him in the face though I don't have any particular reason why.